Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Help with my Eating Disorder

When I was a junior in high school I developed an eating disorder after an ankle injury crushed my dreams of doing sports for a Division I college. By the end of my senior year in high school I had cut myself off from friends, lost 30 pounds, and was headed off to college a very sick and confused person, unable to admit there was anything wrong. Once I came to Ithaca I realized that if I didn't change my college experience was going to be miserable just like my last few years of high school. I finally found the courage to seek help from the counseling center. Talking over my issues helped me admit that I had a problem and then take the necessary steps to recover. The counseling center made me feel comfortable expressing my issues and helped me to recover from the disease. Because of this resource I have been able to have an absolutely amazing college experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment