Friday, December 14, 2012

Ithaca Faculty

Something that I often struggle with is the difficulties of balancing my school work and maintaining friendships and social relationships outside of class.  I want to spend time with my friends and experience Ithaca while I am young!  However, I feel that my work load, essays and time management keeps me from enjoying my weekends.  Mentally, this stress becomes hard to manage and I often bottle up my frustrations.  Throughout this semester, however, I have been opening up to the kind faculty at Ithaca College.  I never realized how many inspirational and knowledgable people surround me and how they provide amazing outlets to letting me speak my mind.  I have been told from many teachers that grades are not what truly matter - knowledge and power comes from what I get out of the classroom and apply to my personal life.  The real way to learn is by doing and spreading valuable lessons with friends and family.  This perspective has allowed my mind to relax and enjoy what is around me for these rare 4 years.  I am so happy to be working with such lovely faculty and safe teachers that provide me with support and care.  I am thankful to be a student at IC!

No comments:

Post a Comment